Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The FITNA Video and Free Speech on the 'Net

I was recently sent the link to the video FITNA via my email. It's a graphic 17 minute video by Dutch politician Geerte Wilders. The video's message is that Islam and the Koran are responsible for inspiring terrorism and hatred of other religions, and provides plenty of examples.

Being an American, I believe in free speech and freedom of religion, so I've elected to make it available here considering the nature of this blog. I'm interested in the opinions of those who may view it here for the first time or of those who may have seen it previously, elsewhere.

I don't believe the Koran or Islam is responsible for inspiring Jihadist terrorism, I believe that is the work of radical Islamists and Jihadists who distort, use, and interpret the Koran, the hadiths, and other sacred writings for their own hateful purposes. But, I provide the movie's link for you to make up your own mind.

3 comments:

Mindaugas said...

It is at least an inspiration for what they are doing.

Intelsleuth said...

Yeah, I believe anyone's religion can be used to inspire whatever they decide to do. I just think its those who misinterpret the Koran and use it and distort it and manipulate it for their own wicked ends who are evil.

Mindaugas said...

the real issue isn't tolerance or acceptance, its trust. how do we know that the "peaceful" Muslims don't believe those words and phrases? I suppose the same way we trust that Christians aren't going to crusade anytime soon. But Muslims are crusading their jihad. Sure its small sect but where is the mass Muslim outrage?